Home > A Brief History of GWSW > Professional Staff > Christopher J. Papasian
Christopher J. Papasian
Presenter of the seminar, Writing and Publishing High-Impact Research Manuscripts. Board Certified in Medical and Public Health Microbiology. Has 25 years of Editorial Experience for Journals published by the American Society of Microbiology. Co-author of over 130 peer-reviewed publications in biomedical journals.
- Ph.D., Microbiology, State University of New York – Buffalo
- M.S. Veterinary Science, University of Idaho
Faculty Positions and Clinical Responsibilities:
- Department of Pathology, University of Kansas School of Medicine (Assistant Professor) and Diagnostic Microbiology Laboratory, Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, Kansas City, MO (Director)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Medicine Dept. of Pathology (Associate Professor); Diagnostic Microbiology & Immunology Laboratories, Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO (Director)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Medicine Dept. of Basic Medical Science (Professor and Chair); Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO (Microbiology Consultant)
- Emeritus Professor, Biomedical Sciences; University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Medicine.
Who he really is…
When Chris isn’t working, he makes a substantial effort to hike in the mountains, swim and body surf in the ocean, or snorkel among coral reefs. After 33 years in Kansas City, he moved to Washington State in late 2017 to spend more time outdoors.